This blog is meant for use by members of the Association for news and views. Send comments / suggestions / views to e-mail Id: aiaipasp.ors@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Letter from Mr. E M Samuel about publicity of his autobiography - "My Journey on the Chariot of Time"

Copy of the letter dated 23.05.2011 from Mr. E M Samuel, Retd. SSPOs from Bhopal is reproduced below for information of all concerned. The price of the publication is Rs.200/-.For Postal staff (including retired officials), there is a discount of Rs.50/-. Those who desire to have a book may remit MO for Rs. 175/- (including postage) to the address of Mr. E. M. Samuel,                    91, Snehanagar, Misrod, Bhopal 462047. Order can also be placed by SMS on 09826824981 or by email to:samuelgeevarughese@yahoo.in.


To
The Circle Secretary
IP & ASP Association

Sub: Publicizing the release of my Autobiography- My Journey on the Chariot of Time

Respected Secretary,
I am writing this letter with deep regret and anguish in my heart. During the last three months I have been trying to get the publication of the above book brought to the notice our Inspectors and Asst. Supdt of Post Offices through your good office. I sent the brief about the book and comments made by senior officers of the Department, journalists, national dailies and unionists by e-mail to all the Secretaries including the General Secretary but only CS of Chhatisgarh, Kerala, MP, Orissa and Punjab responded favourably showing extreme enthusiasm and cooperation. Their positive attitude encourages me to address you in writing with request to get the publicity material put on your blog too. If there is no blog please do some publicity by circulars guiding them to visit the blog of Orissa or Punjab Circle to have some information about the book. Ms Madhuri’s comments on the book are comprehensive: it has been put on the Punjab Circle blog under caption’ Wake up Call’.

As observed by Ms Madhuri, Director in our Directorate this is the long awaited book that should be read by all officers of the Department. She even advised me to start writing a history of Postal Department. Comments by S/Shri T B Reddy, Retd PMG, Col Suresh (APS) and Vijay Chitale, Retd CPMG have encouraged me to advise you to read and spread the message of my story to all our departmental brethren. It is a mystery that I am getting orders for the book from PAs/Accts/SPMs/Sr.PMs and junior IPs but a few only from ASPs and SPOs.  I take this liberty to record here that it is not the enquiry report of some lost opportunities: it is a well-written document that will be a companion with you forever. My pain and humiliation as an Inspector still bring shivers in my spinal cord. You too have this pain now. It is only reason for writing this book. Lastly, I request Circle Secretaries to post their comments about the book on the blog and to send copy to my email address. Get some books and present them to your immediate IPS officers. Let them open their eyes.
They are requested to design own publicity material from the information I had sent by e-mail or to copy it from Orissa blog or Punjab blog. Ms Madhuri’s comments will be an added boost. My address and price of the book etc. have already been conveyed or available on the above blog. I hope you will share in my efforts.
Thank you.
With regards,
Sd/- 
Mr. E M Samuel
91 Snehanagar, Mirsod, Bhopal 462047
e-mail: samuelgeevarughese@yahoo.in  

No comments: