A delegate of four members of the Association met the Chief Postmaster General, Odisha Circle today the 21st March, 2017 discussed and submitted the following Memorandum:-
Memorandum to Dr. Santosh Ku. Kamila, IPoS
Chief Postmaster General,
Odisha Circle, Bhubaneswar751001
On behalf of All India Association of Inspectors and Assistant Superintendents of Posts, Odisha Circle Branch, Bhubaneswar, we submit the following memorandum for your kind and favourable consideration.
1. Some of the IPs and ASPs are burdened with discharging the duties of more than one post due to non-filling of vacant posts on time. While working in a hurry one is bound to overlook minor things. System of making one officer discharge the duties of more than one post should not be resorted to for long periods as it is not conducive to efficiency. Therefore, the posts of IPs/ASPs should not be kept vacant taking into consideration the functional necessity. We request you to take appropriate steps for filling up the vacant IP Posts on ad-hoc / officiating basis until the regular candidates become available.
2. As per the guidelines, the Screening Committee should meet twice in a financial year – preferably in the first week of January and first week of July of a year for advance processing of the cases maturing during the first-half (April- September) and the second-half (October-March) respectively for granting financial upgradation under MACP. We request you to kindly look into the matter to consider for convening the Screening Committee meeting for processing the MACP cases of IPs and ASPs which are maturing during October-2016 to March-2017 and April to September-2017 including the left out cases up to 30th September, 2016.
3. As per practice in Odisha Circle, ad hoc promotion is given to ASP cadre or PS Group-B Cadre with termination of ad hoc arrangement on completion of 11 months. We understand that this is a technical break for a very limited period of 2/3 days or one week say. But there are instances of giving a break and posting the senior under Junior and to delay his further adhoc appointment resulting humiliation to the individual concerned. We request you to look into the matter to avoid such situation in future. Further this Association suggests for continuity of ad-hoc arrangement in ASP cadre and PS Group-B Cadre beyond one year without break by obtaining prior approval of DOPT.
4. Some of the Inspector Posts working in Sambalpur and Berhampur Region have submitted their representations for inter-region transfer to Bhubaneswar HQ Region. We request you to consider the representation for inter-region transfer of Inspector Posts who have spent a reasonable period in Sambalpur and Berhampur Region favourably by linking with the availability of new recruits in Inspector Posts Cadre coming through SSC and LDCE.
5. For the very first time the “Station Tenure” has been implemented strictly for IP and ASP Cadre during the rotational transfer for the year 2017-18. Even the Circle Secretary has been transferred from the Circle Head Quarter. In this process one third of ASP cadre strength has been transferred. This Association is aware that transfer is an incidence of service and accepts the decision of the Circle Administration. We now request you to recognize the principle of equality in exercising the Administrative Power in implementation of the “Station Tenure” uniformly to all applicable cadres.
6. We request you to apply the guidelines of the Transfer Policy as a whole in letter and spirit in each transfer and posting.
7. As per CVC Circular number 17/04/08 issued vide No.004/VGL/90 dated 01-05-2008, the Officers / Officials posted on sensitive posts are to be rotated every two / threes years to avoid developing vested interest. Further, the sensitive posts in Department of Posts has already been identified vide Letter No.4-7/2009-Vig dated 13/09/2010 superseded vide Letter even dated 07-10-2016. We are urging the Circle Administration to exercise the Administrative Power for effecting rotation of Officers / Officials posted on sensitive posts who have completed / are completing two / threes years as per the CVC guideline to uphold the principles of justice and fair play above all else.