This blog is meant for use by members of the Association for news and views. Send comments / suggestions / views to e-mail Id: aiaipasp.ors@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2012

Smile a While


The sweet girl, the intimate
Smile for my sake
And smile once again…
When you smile
Lightening flashes, jovial
Snow melts and cherry blossoms
Lily wakes up from slumber
The moon peeps behind the floating clouds…
When you smile
Moments of dullness cheer up
All by themselves,
Worries melt like sweet ice creams
And monotony evaporates,
Fatigue of years but drifts away
Into the sky of inconsequence,
Wishes jump unruly in all directions
Like those charged, mischievous popcorns…
I hear you humming
Like the tinkling of a wind chime;
You flood my senses
In fun and frolic;
Just a glimpse of yours is enough
To make me feel the warmth
And long to gaze at you
For aeons on end...
Your moist lips speak
Myriad of yearnings in silence,
Your fleeting winks convey
Plenty of mischievous suggestions;
I understand them, but
In my own frivolous way
Beyond the limits of deadly commonsense...
Millie, the bounteous!
You enriched me with your love
True, you’ve the world before you to soothe
Yet smile a while for my sake!
And smile a while for my sake!
_______________________
By
Shri A. N. Nanda, IPoS 
PMG, Coimbatore

20-10-2011

No comments: