No. CHQ/AIAIASP/Cadre Restructure/2016 Dated : 8th June 2017
Shri A. N. Nanda,
Department of Posts,
Dak Bhavan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi 110 001.
Sub: Request for conducting long pending cadre restructure for the IP/ASP Cadre - reg
With profound regards, All India Association of Inspectors and Assistant Superintendents, Posts would like to draw your kind attention to the following few lines on the above subject:-
2. As you are aware, the IP/ASP Cadre is the middle level executive officers of the Department, who have to play a pivotal role in execution of all the policy decisions of the department. IP/ASPs are now being made as the stem for implementation of the IT modernisation project of India Post, which is expected to bring a paradigm change in the way department functions. The IP/ASPs with a cadre strength of approximately 4200 plus officers are the executives who are supposed to operationalize approximately 4.5 lakh trained man power of Department of Posts including Gramin Dak Sevaks. Maintenance of time tested operating, accounting and Auditing system by conducting timely vigilance checks and inspections, ensuring excellent records management and inventory system by post offices in the new environment, transparency in funds management, capability of liquidity management till last mile, achieving the objective of Financial inclusion in rural / un-banked area under DBT etc. are only to name a few, the list of duties and responsibilities of IP/ASP cadre is endless.
3. Furthermore, the importance of the Cadre is increasing day by day on infusion of high end technology into the day to day operations of the Department. IP/ASPs are expected to be the repository of knowledge of the traditional work and at the same time shouldering the responsibility taking forward the vision of the Department of Posts to be the market leader in delivery services and technology enabler for urban and rural citizens of the country.
4. Notwithstanding the above, the incumbents working in the IP/ASP cadre deprived of career prospectus compared to their identical cadres within and outside the Department resulting brain drain of direct recruited Inspectors in the recent past. Cadre restructures in other cadres in the department are being carried out time to time. Unfortunately, the cadre restructure of IP/ASP cadre has not been held for past four decades and the date of last cadre restructure in the cadre is not known to any of the IP/ASPs, who are in service now.
5. In view of the above, this Association earnestly requests the Department to kindly intervene in this matter and cause necessary action to convene cadre restructure and issue favourable orders at the earliest.
With profound regards,
1. Ms. Achla Bhatnagar, Member(Personnel), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi 110 001.
2. Ms. Smriti Saran, DDG (Establishment), Department of Posts, Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi 110 001.