Dr. Santosh Ku. Kamila, IPoS
Chief Postmaster General
Odisha Circle, Bhubaneswar-751001
Sub:- Rotational Transfer of IPs/ASPs-regarding Inter-station Transfer.
This has a reference to CO Letter No.ST/46-1/Rlg/2015-Corr dated 01-02-2017. Transfer Policy to regulate transfers of officers / officials of Group ‘A’ to ‘C’ (other than the officers of IPoS, Group ‘A’) issued vide Directorate Letter No.141-141/2013-SPB-II dated 31-01-2014 is a compilation of earlier orders/instructions omitting the orders which are redundant.
2. The broad principles of rotational transfers is
(a) Matching of human resource with requirements of Posts and placing officials in the choice stations may be considered in the overall context of administrative requirement and austerity measures.
(b) Inter-station transfers should be restricted to minimum in view of the austerity measure.
3. There is mention regarding post tenure of Inspectors and Assistant Superintendents of Posts in para 4.2 (II) of Transfer Policy summarized and circulated vide Directorate letter dated 31-01-2014.
4. There is mention regarding extension of post tenure of all categories of staff in para 4.2 (VIII) of Transfer Policy summarized and circulated vide Directorate letter dated 31-01-2014.
5. There is mention of station tenure and extension of station tenure in respect of Group “A” Gazetted officers and Group “B” Gazetted Officers (i.e. PS Group “B” officers) in para 4.2 (IX) of Transfer Policy summarized and circulated vide Directorate letter dated 31-01-2014.
6. Therefore, there is nothing new so far as “Station Tenure” is concerned and the “Station Tenure” is not clearly defined except Group “A” Gazetted officers and Group “B” Gazetted Officers (i.e. PS Group “B” officers). Secondly, Inter-station transfers should be restricted to minimum in view of the austerity measure and it has never been implemented firmly though the ruling position was same prior to Transfer Policy issued vide Directorate letter dated 31-01-2014.
7. This Association is aware that transfer is an incidence of service. However, the broad principle of minimizing the Inter-station transfers need to observed in view of the austerity measure, matching of human resource with requirement and staff welfare.
I, therefore, on behalf of this Association urge your attention to take into consideration the facts mentioned above and request your good self to take prudent decision while effecting rotational transfer for the year 2017-18.
With profound regards,